Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I ate ostrich.....

You read that right, I ate bobotie, a mince meat pie, made with ostrich meat! And I had seconds, because it was quite tasty!

And for those of you who know that I don't eat chicken on a bone, know that this is a big step for me.

Tuesday was a beautiful day in Cape Town. The weather is fantastic. John and Kay are wonderful hosts.

John took me to see about a checking account, which we are still working on, and then drove me around the beautiful countryside, stopped by Constantia Winelands, and viewed Hout Bay from the winding cliff top roadside and back to their home at Camp's Bay, where we had our dinner of bobotie, wild rice, salad and white wine. Then off to the beach to grab some ice cream, I chose banana split and pistachio and a walk on the beach at sunset....it was beautiful.....pictures to come soon....my battery is dead on the laptop and I have to buy an adaptor. Right now I'm using John's apple. I'm doing well enough to find the right keys!

Today is Wednesday and John had to be in court and so I'm enjoying the beautiful weather, had lunch here at the house with Kay. I introduced Kay to our method of making "sun tea", so she has some sitting out on the deck right now! She had never heard of it before. I'm thinking South Africa has the perfect climate for sun tea!

I'm down in the basement right now using the computer, obviously, as it is cooler down here, but I honestly do not mind the weather as it feels wonderful to me.

In the evenings this time of year the southeaster comes pouring in, the winds really start to howl. They refer to them as the "Cape Doctor". The winds clear the smog, pollution away, but it sure does whip up some noise---but I kind of like it, as it sounds pretty musical to me.

Well, for now I will go and get back to enjoying the sunshine and will keep in touch as best I can. The next few days may get a little crazy as I must search for a place to live, a car to drive, etc.

Take care,
L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PROUD...you have truly ventured out with this whole ostrich eating thing...attagirl! Sounds like an awesome Day 2, though I am sure this has you missing that zero degree Indiana weather a lot! Today is my late day and the kiddos are off to school. I can't wait to share with them Auntie Shona's South Africa Journeys tonight. Good luck on your search for the perfect apartment and car.